My new little quilter, Lydia, chose this diamond pattern for the quilt she is now working on, and she wanted me to make one, too. I knew I had a nice collection of black and white fabrics in my stash, and so the same day she had her fabric shopping trip at The Little Foot Shoppe, I chose a pretty pink fabric to use for my diamonds. I had all my fabric together and kept thinking that just the pink and black and white wasn't enough. The pink is kind of a tone-on-tone print and I thought it would blend well with some other brightly colored batiks that I already had. This is what I came up with.
I made my own diagram to help with fabric cutting and placement of the blocks. I don't own any fancy quilting software (though that would be fun), but I used some scrapbooking software that I'm pretty good with to do this. I assigned each black and white print a color and glued a little scrap onto my diagram so I could remember what was what.
Yeah, that's right... I already had all of this fabric in my house waiting to be used someday except the pink diamond fabric, and I'm pretty sure I could have found a pink fabric here already without trying very hard. Bummer that this quilt isn't a project from my UFO Challenge list.
I have really been doing a lot of longarm quilting, and I will show you some lovely finishes on Friday. Please come back and visit!
I'm linking up at Freshly Pieced for Work In Progress Wednesday. You can visit there, too, and check out some other WIPs.