I made 40 Scrap Crazy squares and designed the layout myself. I decided to piece 4 of the squares together to make 9 big squares. The 4 remaining individual squares went into the corners. I also designed the border myself using those little approximately 1" strips to add interest and color.
The layer cake I used was called Bali Batiks - Lights. There were 40 squares with no duplicates, so a wonderful variety of colors and prints. The background sashing, border, and binding fabric is a very light green and white print. The back is a solid pink. It seems rather feminine to me, so pretty!
I quilted this on the longarm over the last week using the pantograph Novaya Zhizn with white OmniThread. Yes, I'm not sure how to correctly pronounce that either, but I wanted to use it because it is a vine/leaf pattern, and the batik fabric has a lot of botanical prints in it, so it seemed like a perfect choice. I am very happy with the finished quilt!
The gallery below shows the process of making this one.
Enough typing for now, my sewing machine is waiting for me! Have a great day!