This is a BIG Binding Tool Star Quilt - king size. This quilt is a project that Mom, Aunt Brenda, and I worked on together. I would have to say my dad helped also because he did the rotary cutting (he's really quite good at it)! The pattern is another one from the Missouri Star Quilt Company, and you can find the video tutorial here. This one was made using yardage - not a jelly roll precut - of a fabric line from Connecting Threads.
I quilted it with the Trumpet Vine design and gold thread. Last weekend we had a binding party, and Mom, Brenda, and I finished it up quickly. The border fabrics are really striking! This quilt is a gift for some special people, and we'll be giving it away soon.
Lydia and I finished a second project this week which was a gift for her teacher. We each sewed a cat block from the Elizabeth Hartman pattern called The Kittens which I turned into a 2-sided pillow. Lydia selected the fabrics. Pretty neat that Lydia sewed a kitten on her Hello Kitty Janome sewing machine!
I made the pink one, and Lydia made the blue one. These are so cute and fun to make I would love to make a whole quilt of kittens.
It's been an exhausting week going back to work and back to school. So glad it's Friday!
Thanks so much for visiting. Click on over to Crazy Mom Quilts Finish It Up Friday for some more quilty finishes. Have a great week!
This is me...
I LOVE to quilt, and every day I must sew for my sanity!